Storage And Picking Of Small Electronic Parts
The Customer The Frühauf GmbH in St. Pölten, Austria,is a manufacturer of electrical systems and controls. The company, which was founded in 1984, employs around 60 people. Their specialist fields are energy distribution, type-tested switchgear, automation, and drinking water and waste water treatment plants.
As a result of the continuously increasing demand for switch cabinets and control systems made by Frühauf in Pölten, the existing warehouse with a floor space of 1,000 m² was pushed to its limits. The company was looking for a space-optimized and expandable storage solution that would at the same time allow processes to become more efficient and provide an optimal overview of the warehouse utilization, the storage resources, the stored goods and the storage locations. Within 5 years, the warehouse was gradually expanded by adding five lift systems by Kardex Remstar and 1 vertical carousel for the storage of cable drums.
On a floor space of 180 m², the dynamic storage systems by Kardex Remstar offer up to 6,000 storage locations for the articles to be stored by the Frühauf company, from small electronic parts which are kept in boxes to terminal strips, time switches and semi-finished products such as control elements. The storage lifts are automated vertical lift systems with a modular structure that work according to the “goods-to-person” principle that make optimal use of the existing room heights.
A modular designed warehouse management system by Kardex Remstar was then integrated into the existing software system. A vertical carousel paternoster system, in which more than 15 tons of heavy cable drums are kept, is controlled via the customer’s information systems, as are the five modular storage lifts.
We would be delighted to explain the different processes in detail in a personal consultation.
Advantage at a glance
- Storage capacities have increased by 40 %
- More efficient processes
- Shorter access times
- Flexibility through modular structure
- Integration into existing software
- Optimal overview of the stored goods
Scope of delivery
- 6 storage lifts by Kardex Remstar (W x D x H: 3,060 x 2,908 x 5,610 mm)，43 trays, each with a maximum load capacity of 280 kg
- 1 INTERTEX vertical carousel (W x D x H: 7,400 x 3,250 x 5,600 mm)，26 load carrier each with a maximum load capacity of 600 kg for the storage of 189 cable drums
- Warehouse management software by Kardex Remstar