Customized solutions for storing, buffering and retrieving material
Constantly changing market conditions and the resulting pressure to increase flexibility combined with an ever growing range of tools and components often limit the capacity to act among logistics specialists in the mechanical engineering and plant construction industry. We show you how you can save valuable space with our systems while also flexibly and efficiently organizing your warehouse.
Highly dense storage for prototype construction
The Austrian enterprise 1zu1 Prototypen uses silicone molds for vacuum casting of polyurethane casting resins which are then stored and should be easy to retrieve if required. An automated storage solution from Kardex Remstar enables the inventor workshop to meet customer requirements with regard to quality, precision and innovation.
Retrieval of pallets with assembly sets at the right time
The task of the assembly tool pool at ABB Schweiz is to retrieve tool sets used to build systems all over the world. The power and automation technology group has been using storage and retrieval solutions from Kardex Remstar to do this at its Zurich/Oerlikon site for quite some time. ABB has now ordered two additional Shuttle XP 1000 units for storing entire pallets holding assembly sets. Retrieval performance has improved considerably ever since.
Storage of tools for CNC production
Stellba AG in Dottikon (Switzerland) uses a Shuttle XP 500 storage lift that saves space, provides a better overview of the inventory, and supplies the tools used for production within the shortest space of time. These are needed in the area of CNC production to make individual parts that are delivered all over the world to customers in the fields of energy engineering and large-scale mechanics.
Do you expect maximum storage space within the available area for storing tools and components?
The footprint needed can be reduced by up to 85 percent, due to the highly dense storage concept in our systems, allowing us to create sufficient space for accommodating your inventory. You can use the space saved to expand your production operation or storage areas.
Do you require a flexible system for storing tools and components of various sizes and qualities?
The modular design of our dynamic retrieval systems means that they can easily be adapted to cope with new demands within the company. The trays and carriers can be reconfigured at any time to maximize product density.
Is buffering of parts a key aspect of your production process?
Our systems can compactly buffer components and finished parts between the various work steps of your production operation. The material can be stored on an interim basis for any length of time within the process, allowing you to fully exploit the capacity of your systems.
Combination of measures
Since the design of our retrieval systems is modular, it goes without saying that it is easy to combine the solutions presented here.
The advantages at a glance
- Less space needed: The footprint needed can be reduced by up to 85 percent, due to the highly dense storage concept. This makes it possible to store the same amount of goods on a footprint just ten to 25 percent of the original size.
- Access protection: Goods are stored in an enclosed system with access rights for selected users.
- Modular design: The units can be integrated into any existing logistics system and are suitable for use as an efficient buffer storage solution in the area of production.
- Improved inventory management: The Power Pick Global warehouse management software makes it possible to permanently monitor stock levels in real time via its direct connection to the ERP system.
- Controlled climate by regulating the humidity and temperature of locations where critical components are stored.
- Dust-free storage in clean room conditions.
For more information about Machine Tools, please contact us!