Components, tools, or spare parts – always ready to hand, always safe
With its vast range of products, producers, and processes, no other industry is quite as diverse as the metal construction industry. It is united by highly intense competition and extreme cost pressure. We show you how you can operate successfully in this environment with our customized solutions precisely tailored to your workflow.
just-in-time retrieval for assembly
Ajan Elektronik was looking for an efficient storage and retrieval solution to save space and guarantee a fast and reliable supply of a wide range of parts for the production area.
storage and order picking in a tight space
Karl-Heinz Arnold GmbH, a manufacturer of high-precision cutting tools, needed a new logistics center to manage its growing product portfolio. The center had to be capable of efficiently storing a wide range of items in a limited amount of space.
buffer storage for fire protection parts
The industrial company needed a storage system in which approximately 9,000 firestop blocks and plugs could be temporarily stored. The preliminary products come from the production area with a raised surface temperature and must be left to cool before they can be packaged and shipped.
storage of semi-finished parts
Due to increased demand, the machine tool manufacturer Schneeberger Lineartechnik planned to expand its production capacity with a special focus on making optimal use of the available space and reducing picking times.
Do you expect maximum storage space within the available area for storing raw materials and consumables or finished components?
The footprint needed can be reduced by up to 85 percent, due to the highly dense storage concept in our systems, allowing us to create sufficient space for accommodating your inventory. You can use the space saved to expand your production operation or storage areas.
Do you require a flexible system for storing components and raw materials of various sizes and qualities in your inventory?
The modular design of our dynamic retrieval systems means that they can easily be adapted to cope with new demands within the company. The trays and carriers can be reconfigured at any time to maximize product density.
Is buffering of parts a key aspect of your production process?
Our systems can compactly buffer components and finished parts between the various work steps of your production operation. The material can be stored on an interim basis for any length of time within the process, allowing you to fully exploit the capacity of your systems.
Do you store components and tools which are especially worthy of protection?
Our access-controlled storage system guarantees safe handling and storage of valuable components and goods, providing optimal protection from external influences and unauthorized access.
Combination of measures
Since the design of our retrieval systems is modular, it goes without saying that it is easy to combine the solutions presented here.
The advantages at a glance:
- Less space needed: The footprint needed can be reduced by up to 75 percent, and sometimes even as much as 90 percent, due to the highly dense storage concept. This makes it possible to store the same amount of goods on a footprint just ten to 25 percent of the original size.
- Access protection: Goods are stored in an enclosed system with access rights for selected users.
- Modular design: The units can be integrated into any existing logistics system and are suitable for use as an efficient buffer storage solution in the area of production.
- Improved inventory management: The Power Pick Global warehouse management software makes it possible to permanently monitor stock levels in real time via its direct connection to the ERP system.
- Controlled climate by regulating the humidity and temperature of locations where critical components are stored.
- Dust-free storage in clean room conditions.
Is an investment in storage logistics solutions from Kardex Remstar worthwhile for your business?
Get in touch with us and we will be happy to discuss this matter with you. Upon request, we can give you a free, no-obligation assessment of the options available to help you further optimize your storage logistics operation and save space, time, and money.
For more information about Metal Engineering, please contact us!