storage of components
With 550 employees and turnover of around 80 million euros, Gaulhoferis one of Austria’s leading window manufacturers. A total of 38 percentof sales at the almost 100-year-old family-run business is attributable toexports. Gaulhofer takes care of the plastics side of the business at itsfactory in Mäder, situated in the state of Vorarlberg. While the woodenand aluminum window frames and doors are manufactured in StyrianÜbelbach, where the company also has its headquarters.
The components needed for assembly used to be stored in a decentralized manner at the Gaulhofer factory in Übelbach. This took up an enormous amount of space.
Furthermore, inventory control and invoicing were subject to huge inaccuracies. The idea behind the solutions from Kardex Remstar was also to allow more precisely controlled access.
Two Shuttle XP 500 systems were installed with a total of 110 trays (medium X type 2, 460 kg load capacity). In addition, Power Pick Global warehouse management software was fully integrated in the in-house ERP system.
We would be delighted to explain the various processes to you in person.
Advantages at a glance
- Significantly less floor space needed
- Reduced error rate when order picking
- Clean storage
- Less time needed to learn how to use the system
Scope of delivery
- 1 Shuttle XP 500 (W x D x H: 3,050 x 864 x 6,750 mm) 52 medium X type 2 trays (460 kg load capacity) incl. VARIO position indicator system (30 units)
- 1 Shuttle XP 500 (W x D x H: 3,050 x 864 x 7,450 mm) 58 medium X type 2 trays (460 kg load capacity) incl. VARIO position indicator system (30 units)
- Power Pick Global warehouse management software